Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gift card spending!!!

OK so my Gma (grandma) got all of us granddaughters $40 gift cards to TJ Maxx for Christmas. So today after my doctor appointment the boys and I went over to TJ Maxx which is pretty far out of the way. I was differently hoping for something great. Not quite. Clearance sweaters were $20..... clearance to me means like 5 bucks. OK I know that sounds cheap, right?!?!?! I just wanted to make the $40 spread as thin as I could. We left and went to the Marshall's by my house ( TJ Maxx and Marshall's are sister stores or something like that). Now this store I know up and down! I thought maybe I would buy a new bedding set for my room but I just couldn't find what I wanted. Right across from the bed-in-bags were these AMAZING BLANKETS!!!! I love blankets, Anytime I'm sitting on the couch watching TV I have to have a blanket. Well every blanket I make for myself end up in my children's beds and cribs and I can never find them. I think my children might take after me with the whole blanket fetish.

 Anyway I picked up this beautiful little girl for $16!
So soft and warm....mmmm I love her!

Next I headed over to the kids clothing even know I told myself I was going to spend all this money on ME. I still had to look.

I found these leggings for Ms.Kay ( my 7 year old girly). How rocker 80's cool are these! and their purple :) I love purple and best of all they were $5!! So I had to pick them up.

By this time Mr. Drake ( my 2 year old) had filled the cart with every truck in the store. I wish I had taken a picture. It made me laugh. We cleared out the cart of all the truck and put them all away by color ( little smarty pants anyway) I thought I should find something to wear for New Years Eve. That's when I found this cover up.

 Cute right!?!?!
The picture just doesn't to I Justice.
It's like a cute little neck blanket with ruffles.
 HELLO BLANKET!
Now you know why I had to buy it.
It was $20 but to amazing to put back.

I thought it wasn't dressy enough for New Years but if I belted it with a cute skinny purple belt that would dress it up.  $10

What do you think?
 Kinda weird on the hanger.
I'll post pictures when I wear it to show its true beauty.
 So my total  was $51.
I went a little over but not to bad!
Thank you grandma. I love my Christmas presents!!
k.hardt

p.s. sorry about the sideways pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment