Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waiting for summer!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER! We had a very mild winter so far. I just can't help longing for summer. I think I'm just wanting to decorate for summer. In the pictures is the new lamp I made. I took a old bottle from a garage sale (that has been sitting in my garage ever since I bought it) that cost me a whole $.25. Then I took a lamp my daughter spotted in someones trash when we were curb shopping (also just sitting in my garage since we picked it up along with all the other junk I HAD TO HAVE). Its pretty nice to go shop in my own garage. Sometimes I don't even know what's in there and I'm the one who picked it ALL up. Anyways I took the lamp apart and took the wiring out of it. I then mounted the part where the light bulb goes in (no clue what its call) to the top of my bottle. No need to drill a hole or anything. Then I recovered a lamp shade I found at the thrift store today for $.98 with burlap using my new black and decker glue gun I bought at another thrift store for $5. Here is a great tutorial * Remodelaholic *: Glass Vase to Painted Blue Lamp : Guest

Thanks for your time!
k.hardt
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment